The Homeboat Company has created this guide for those who are thinking of taking a trip to the beautiful city of Lisbon and living an unforgettable experience.
Going on a trip is perfect to get out of the routine, to know new cultures, food, landscapes and to carry out different tourist activities, according to each specific taste. Certainly, it is an experience for everyone, that is why travel, whether in family, as a couple or alone, is always a good option.
It is true that the place where you go is very important since it defines the new culture, gastronomy and landscapes that you are going to discover, but it is also essential to take into account the place where you stay.
The choice of the hotel is also a big part of the trip and the experience that you are going to have in the place where you go, the enjoyment of it and the memories that you will create.
If you are looking for a hotel in Portugal, especially in Lisbon, The Homeboat Company is the ideal option for an unforgettable trip.
Lisbon: The incredible Portuguese city that you should know
Lisbon is the capital city of Portugal, one of the largest and most prosperous in the country, it is located at the outlet of the Tagus River, which makes it a coastal city, with large and beautiful beaches to explore.
The Portuguese capital has a unique territory, known as the city of the 7 hills: São Jorge, São Vicente, São Roque, Santo André, Santa Catarina, Chagas and Santa´Ana are the names of each hill of Lisbon.
The historic center has streets so steep that vehicle access is not allowed, that is why there are trams, especially Tram 28 and the Santa Justa Elevator, which are two tourist attractions that you cannot miss.
Another important thing to keep in mind before visiting Lisbon is the weather, like other European countries, it has marked seasons. But the best months to travel to Lisbon will be from June to August if you want heat, or from October to December if what you prefer is cold, although in reality you can visit it at any time of the year to enjoy it.
Lisbon is one of the most relevant cultural centers in Europe, since it is a city even older than Rome and has become a meeting point for travelers from all over the world.
If you want to get to know the cultural offer of this city as much as possible, we recommend the Chiado district, where the cultural offer never ends.
If what you want is to know and enjoy the national holidays, the best month to visit Lisbon is June, since several festivities are celebrated there, including the night of Saint Anthony on June 13, which is one of the most important, where the death of the sanctified priest Antonio de Padua is commemorated.
Do you want to know what to visit in Lisbon? Click here.
There are many destinations and plans to do in Lisbon, festivities, music festivals, cinema, art, among others.
The Portuguese capital offers you an incredible historical center that will take you to discover the city and the rich history behind it.
The historical center of Lisbon is located on the banks of the Tagus River, where you can also find the Vasco de Gama Bridge and the Saint George’s Castle.
Besides, you will discover beautiful sites and more central areas where you will find beautiful tourist sites such as the Rua Augusta ,the Rossio Square and the Comércio Square,extremely important points for the local economy in ancient times.
Another place you can visit in Lisbon, if you want to know a little more about the history of the city, is the Carmo Convent and the Lisbon cathedral. The cathedral of Lisbon was destroyed after the terrible earthquake of 1755, and then rebuilt to become a very important tourist spot and a meeting place for believers.
If you want to get to know the center of Lisbon, the modern part of the city, we recommend you visit the downtown area and walk along Rua Augusta, one of the main streets of the city, where you will get to know the work space and modern economy of the city and be amazed by incredible panoramic views.
Another place that you cannot miss is the Belém district, located to the west side of Lisbon, this area has three very important monuments, among them the Belém tower, the monument to the discoveries and the Jerónimo Monastery.
You should also know the famous Belém pastries, a delicious traditional pastry that you cannot miss on your visit to Lisbon.
It is important that you keep in mind that the visit to Lisbon will be one of the best moments if you also have a quality and comfortable accommodation with good attention to guests.
It is easy to search for a hotel in Lisbon, even if you search for the best hotel in Lisbon on Google you will find many options, most of which will be simple rooms, which do not offer anything new or anything to contribute to your trip, but if you decide to discover The Homeboat Company, you will get a new experience, which will undoubtedly make your trip unforgettable.
Why stay in a Homeboat?
- Excellent location in Lisbon: The Homeboats are located in a strategic area, where our guests will have easy access to the most emblematic and tourist sites of the city, also a few minutes by car you can access wonderful beaches.
- Innovative experience: Whether you are getting to know the city or it is your first time in Lisbon, staying in a Homeboat is quite an experience, since you will be in a fabulous houseboat, with all the comforts you need and some luxuries that you cannot miss.
- Friendly service with the environment: The Homeboat Company is committed to caring for the environment, in turn, seeks to contribute to it, manufacturing its Homeboats with materials that in the long term will not have a significant level of damage to the environment and that in the future can be recycled.
- Wide catalog of services: Our Homeboats have all the comforts you need, in addition to this, you can enjoy beautiful landscapes from the terraces and if you wish in the company of your best 4-legged friend.
What services does The Homeboat Company offer you?
As we already mentioned, The Homeboat Company has a wide variety of services for you to make your stay as positive as possible, with all the comforts you need to have a good trip.
- Bath and shower: after a day touring the city, you can enjoy and take a relaxing shower that will provide you with a well-deserved and pleasant rest.
- Kitchen: A comfortable kitchen full of all the necessary amenities, so you can prepare your favorite dish during your stay or if you must maintain a specific diet, having your own kitchen is a very appropriate alternative.
- Air conditioning and heating: If at the time you visit the city the weather is not ideal, you can adjust your preferences inside the Homeboat, so you can feel all the comfort.
- Quality sound systems: If the moment requires it, you can count on a surround sound system, to enjoy your favorite movie or music in the best way.
- Free parking: We know that our service is on the water, but our Homeboats, unlike traditional hotels, have free parking for your comfort and peace of mind.
- Terrace: Inside the Homeboat you will have access to an extraordinary terrace, equipped with chairs and sunshade so that days in the sun are more pleasant, and you can enjoy the beautiful view that the city of Lisbon offers you.
- Pet – Friendly: Pets are part of the family, that is why at The Homeboat Company, we allow our guests to live their experience together with their 4-legged companions.
- Bicycle: The bicycle tours are more comfortable and complete since you can better enjoy the landscapes and go at your own pace, you can also save money and avoid the heavy traffic of the busiest areas.
- Wi-Fi: The connection is something extremely important for us, that is why we offer you the internet connection service, so that you can share this pleasant experience with your friends, or work if it is a business trip.
Discover what to see in Lisbon, and live a beautiful experience in a Homeboat, the best hotel in Lisbon, if you want to stay in an innovative place and get to know a different part of the charming and historic city of Lisbon.
Remember that you can contact us through social media, or on our website, we will be happy to help you.